Epiq Solutions is seeking a full time Sales Engineer for a position in Alexandria, VA. The primary responsibility of this position is to grow our Flying Fox product line through pre-sales and post-sales support of existing and potential customers within the Federal Government. Flying Fox is a state-of-the-art wireless intrusion detection sensor developed in collaboration with the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory and is approved for use on DoD networks. The ideal candidate will have a broad networking background, proven ability to independently troubleshoot, familiarity with wireless/RF concepts, and excellent communication skills.
Become an expert in cutting edge cellular detection capabilities. Epiq Solutions is seeking a pre-sales engineer with a strong network and RF foundation in a federal (DoD and/or Civilian Agency) environment to drive success with our customers. The successful candidate will have experience and success working with both C-Level decision makers and IT engineers. This is a customer facing role that requires the ability to demonstrate and install our products for PoCs, evaluations and various trade events. Most travel will occur within the DC Metro area but at times may require international travel or travel to other areas in the US.
This position is primarily a customer-facing, technical member of the sales team, but will also require interfacing with product management, engineering and marketing teams.
- Integrate RF detection technologies and products into government customer solutions
- Prepare complex technical proposals and presentations
- Participate in RFP, RFI and customer inquiry responses including solution design and written/illustrative response to technical requirements
- Provide on-site, pre and post-sales support during initial installation and configuration
- Advise customers and sales on technical aspects of company products including fit to customer's needs, features, availability, etc.
- Analyze business needs and develop solution strategies based on knowledge of customer's current communication network, equipment, and business practices
- Collaborate with engineering team to develop architecture based on customer defined use cases, test functionality and deliver solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience in engineering, information systems, or business administration
- Proven technological skills, outstanding interpersonal abilities, and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, plus analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Positive, service-oriented personality
- Willingness to travel
- Gathering technical requirements from customers
- Web and Live Product demonstrations
- Advising customers which products they need for a proposed solution
- Writing formal documents such as proposals, and answering RFIs
- Managing the relationship with the customer at a technical level - including support questions, evaluation requirements, proof of concept, architecture
- Assisting salespeople with sales strategy for an account
- U.S. Citizen required
- 2+ years of Federal Sales Engineering or customer facing role
- Network configuration, management and security skills
- Windows and Linux OS
- Understanding of data/internet applications, communications technology, and network design
- Knowledge of network security architectures and controls (NIST RMF, SP-800 Series, FEDRAMP, etc…)
- Familiarity with DoD STIGs, NIAP and NSA CSfC Capability Packages and Protection Profiles
- Experience with virtualization and cloud technologies
- General knowledge of data communications equipment
- Familiarity with NIPR and SIPR-net environments
- Active or recent secret clearance preferred
- Military Experience Preferred
- Security SSO, CA, PKI and Encryption technologies
No other competitor has zero false positives. No other competitor has a product developed in collaboration with Government and utilizes GOTS software (Orb-weaver from NRL). NRL is currently the largest channel for sales leads for this product. No other competitive product is on the DoDIN APL.