The Government Account Manager (GAM) is a sales position responsible for identifying and developing business opportunities with direct US Government organizations and prime contractors. These organizations leverage Epiq Solutions’ portfolio of software defined radio modules and turnkey RF sensing solutions as the basis of a broad range of SIGINT, EW, Cyber, and communications solutions, reducing our customer’s time to market while increasing flexibility of their final solution. Epiq Solutions has an established reputation for driving customer success by delivering solutions to tackle complex wireless signal processing problems at unprecedented SWaP, enabling our customers to do more with less.
Epiq has a team selling approach. The GAM will serve as both the primary and secondary service contact for customers, supporting customers’ technical discussions and by facilitating support from an Epiq Solutions’ Field Applications Engineer. This position will report directly to the VP of Sales with daily accountability to the Director of Government Operations. The GAM must work well independently or in a team environment.
Excellent proposal development, presentation and negotiating skills are required to succeed in this role. Demonstrated expertise in gaining access and selling to the mid-level and senior-level technical decision makers is also required to ensure proper alignment between the customer’s requirements and Epiq’s portfolio of products.
- Work with software team to develop and release new features for libsidekiq supporting the Sidekiq family of transceivers using C and C++
- Port libsidekiq to new transceiver platforms
- Provide support for users of libsidekiq and Epiq Solutions transceivers as well as the sales team
- Contribute to the development and automation of regression tests for libsidekiq releases
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Engage new and existing customers and communicate the value proposition of using our current (and future) product portfolio
- Proactively and efficiently manage resources with dedicated teams, virtual teams, and executive staff around opportunities to ensure successful outcomes
- Align the overall corporate solution to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: writing, editing and presenting
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate technical discussions between the customer’s technical team and Epiq’s technical team
- Build and maintain a consistently strong pipeline
- Provide a consultative sales approach to customers
- Manage customers’ expectations
- CONUS travel with overnight stays as required (typically 25%)
Other duties may be assigned over time.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 4 years successful experience as a direct contributor carrying an individual quota selling technical solutions to prime contractors and/or the US Government
Demonstrated experience accomplishing the following:
- Independently closing individual accounts with revenue over $200K
- Minimum average deal size of $25K
- Successful experience selling technical products to engineering team leaders as well as Manager/Director levels within the organization
- Track record of managing and directing the entire sales cycle from lead/discovery to close
- Demonstrated ability to grow and support a customer through a long and complex technical sale cycle
- Good management presence, communication skills, and credibility
- Excellent sales, negotiation, and team building skills and techniques
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding assigned annual/quarterly goals and targets
- Attentive to forecasting and business reporting responsibilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong network of contacts within the Federal Government in the VA/MD/DC area
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Experience understanding typical customer use-cases focused on SIGINT, COMINT, ELINT, EW, or communications systems
- Familiarity with modern wireless communications signals such as GSM, UMTS, LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc.
- Experience with Federal Law Enforcement organizations, the Departments of State, Energy, and Homeland Security
- Prior military or government service
- Candidate must be able to obtain a US government security clearance (which requires US citizenship)